Symptoms of MS Contin Abuse
People abusing MS Contin exhibit symptoms that suggest they are indeed abusing this narcotic drug, though they may be shown by people using the drug for medical reasons.
MS Contin Abuse Signs
- Constipation – Constipation refers to the excretion of tiny amounts of hard stool. A person experiencing constipation usually passes stool for up to just three days a week. Such people may also feel pain while passing the stool. Feeling bloated and sluggish are possible signs of constipation. Constipation is, however, just a temporary experience in the majority of cases. Nearly all people experience constipation at one point or another. Mostly it is due to lack of exercise and a poor diet. An individual whose is abusing MS Contin will experience constipation due to the drug. It will be hard to tell whether the constipation is due to Contin abuse or the usual reasons, so it is important to be sure before making conclusions. This is only possible if you look out for other symptoms.
- Hypotension – Hypotension is also referred to as low blood pressure. Blood pressure is the force blood puts on the lumen of blood vessels as it passes through. The normal blood pressure in a human is 120/80. Using MS Contin may lead to the blood of the person falling below normal. Having low blood pressure could lead to heart attacks, strokes, or failure of other organs.
- Seizures – Seizures are as a result of an abrupt and temporary change in electrical activity within the human brain. When a seizure occurs, an individual’s consciousness and locomotion may be altered for a brief moment. People using MS Contin may suffer from seizures because the chemical component of the drug disturbs the normal nervous activity. If a person becomes a victim of seizures and they do not have medical conditions that can trigger such reactions, suspicions that abuse of MS Contin may be founded.
- Headaches – Headache refers to an aching of the head, mouth, or face. Most people experience headaches from time to time. Headaches occur when sensitive areas inside or outside of the head are affected in a certain way. Such an effect can be caused by movement or inflammation. The sensitive parts include the skin, blood veins and even the skin.
- Insomnia – Insomnia means having trouble falling asleep. Waking during the night or too early in the morning can also be signs of insomnia. This may cause irritability, lack of energy, or fatigue. Medication that treats chronic pain, like MS Contin, can lead to insomnia. Asthma, narcolepsy, and restless leg syndrome which can affect people taking MS Contin, can also cause this sleeping disorder known as insomnia.
- Impotence – Impotence, or erectile dysfunction, is when a male human is unable to achieve and sustain an erection so as to engage in sexual intercourse. Achieving an erection is subject to a coordinated process between the nervous system and the genitalia. Since MS Contin can interfere with the activity of the nerves, a person taking the drug can experience impotence.